In our dedication to reforming the Democratic Party, we have chosen to support DNC candidate Keith Ellison. His dedication to truth and grassroots organizing has proven that he is by far the most fit candidate. We are excited to bring Kappas and Ques together to reform the Democratic Party and craft a better future for our nation.
We are passionate about Keith Ellison because of his stances on:
- Ending police violence murders of innocent Black people:
- (On Philandro Castile shooting) "The governor wasn’t saying that officer Jeronimo Yanez had racial hatred in his heart. He wasn’t saying the officer doesn’t deserve all of his due-process rights. He was saying that institutional racism, unconscious bias and our national legacy of racial subordination conspired to make Castile a more likely victim of an officer-involved shooting than he might have been had he been white...This might be an uncomfortable truth, but it’s still the truth. After 246 years of black slavery, another 100 years of Jim Crow segregation and 50 years of racism, Dayton’s candid reflection should be a no-brainer."
- Women's rights issues
- "Violence is an all too common occurrence in the lives of millions of women worldwide. It permeates all socio-economic classes, cuts across all cultural, physical and religious barriers, and impedes the right of women to participate fully in society. Equal rights for women are vital to the development and well-being of people in all nations. That's why I believe the United States Senate should ratify the United Nations Convention of the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW). The CEDAW agreement is the only comprehensive treaty guaranteeing women's human rights and the prevention of discrimination against women. More than 173 countries across the world have ratified CEDAW; the United States is the only industrialized nation in the world that has not ratified this agreement."
- Bringing an end to the system of mass incarceration targeting Black communities
- “The DOJ announcement is a good first step and I commend them for taking action. However, in order to ensure we are truly focusing on justice, we must reform our criminal justice system and end the use of private prisons completely.”
Here is a little information about the DNC Chair election process
How you can help:
Text "Keith Ellison" to the number (202)858-0702 for instructions on how to contact your state party rep.
Follow us on Facebook, and Instagram for updates to our campaign.